Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother: Disciple and to discipline

 "When I was a son to my father,
Tender and the only son in the sight of my mother,
 Then he taught me and said to me,
'Let your heart hold fast my words;
Keep my commandments and live.' "
Proverbs 4:3-4 (NAS)

It is a season. A season where my 20 month old twins have temper tantrums and my recently turned four year old is testing me in new ways. It is a season where I feel like all I do is discipline all day long.

And it is exhausting. It is frustrating. I am tired.

But, they are the future. And they were given to me to help mold and shape. I am to discipline them and be their disciple. Have you ever noticed the similarities in those two words?

I take my role as mother very seriously. And I refuse to fail them.

So, there may be times where I seem absent from the world. There will be days where I don't fulfill my desires to write on this blog daily. There may even be several days in a row. But know that is because I also take my role of disciple very seriously...and I would never write anything that was not prayerfully sought out and completely heart felt. So, if you don't hear from me now and then, just know that I still stop and pray daily for each of you who come here seeking truth and love.

But, as a mother, I only get these few short years before other people start having heavy influences on their fragile hearts. And I am desperately trying to raise warriors for Christ. I am trying to equip them for what will be a very hard world to live in I'm afraid. I have such a short amount of time to earn their respect so that they will trust my wisdom and guidance.

The world is thinking of the perfect gift for Mother's Day this weekend and my only true desire is for my children to know and find joy in the Lord. Mother's will be praised and honored this weekend and yet, I find myself on my knees saying "God, were you crazy choosing me? Please don't let me screw this up!"

So, I am still here. Maybe not as often as I had originally thought. But, just know that is because I am busy washing three little sets of hands and feeding hungry tummies. As a mother, I was called to be their disciple.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! Sarah, I admire you immensely - what a beautiful desire you have for children..I love that you take your role seriously and want to do the best job by your precious babies, raising them up well and to love the LORD! I completely understand your possible absence in the future..what an honorable reason for it. Know that we will be here when you come back;) Thank you for your prayers also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittney, thank you for always being a source of encouragement to me!

      Delete