Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturdays with Shawn: Balance

 
 
 
The most common questions discussed amongst my girlfriends:

How are you balancing it all?
How are you keeping Him at the center of everything?
How are you finding peace amidst the busyness?

As my beloved spiritual mentor has reminded in moments like these, 
"get in the Word!"
Be encouraged and know that peace is on the horizon when you let go .. and let God.
Rest in Him.

..

You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. 
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4: 7-8

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4: 6-7

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
Proverbs 3: 24

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment